Saturday 16 November 2013

The Treasure of Historical Visit, 1st – 4th November 2013

Malacca has been chosen for the semester trip for its historical and varieties of culture. For me, I have experienced so much fun through the trip, I think others felt the same about it.


I have to say that I have gained lots of new experience especially this time, when I involve in organizing the trip as secretary.  Therefore, I did learn how to handle things and cooperate with other as a team. I am sure that everyone has different experience since some of us might have visited some of the places we went. But for me, I have been to Malacca a couple times but I have never been on Malacca River Cruise as well as Menara Taming Sari before. Besides that, we visited Macau Gallery Malacca in which family trip normally did not go to such place, therefore this is a great opportunity for us. 

In terms of food exploration, I found that learning to cook ‘asam pedas’ was the best part where we got the chance to learn from its origins. Since I am from Kedah, I was familiar with our version of ‘asam pedas’ whereby in Kedah’s ‘asam pedas’ is not as thick as the one from Malacca. This shows the variety recipe exist for one type of menu that was influenced by the region.




Jonker Walk was the first place we went as we arrived in Malacca. For a food lover and student majoring in food service, it was one of the best place to explore variety of food vary from beverages to snacks that was hardly found. There were traditional Baba Nyonya food, Malaysian traditional food as well as international food due to varsity of tourists from other country visiting that place.


Apart from that, the best part of the trip was when it brought all of us together especially with the problem we faced through the trip. Honestly, I felt touched that everyone seems to stand for each other when we were dealing with the problematic bus driver. Besides that, gathering girls in one house and boys in another did enhance the bond especially when we spend the whole second day relaxing, cooking and eating together. I am sure that everyone can see the bonds among us became stronger after the trip. I am really looking forward for our next trip. Perhaps to Macau?



by ~ Fairuz Izzati


No comments:

Post a Comment